Is Kidnapping a Federal Crime in USA? Penalty & Charges!
1. All kidnapping cases fall under state law.
2. Few kidnapping incidents can be counted as federal offences under certain situations.
3. Kidnapping is considered a fierce crime in the US.
4. Once it's proven to carry away anyone against their intention.
5. 18 U.S.C. § 1202
for Ransom money.
6. 18 U.S.C. § 1203
for Hostage taking.
7. 18 U.S.C. § 1204 for International parental kidnapping.
8. 18 U.S.C. § 1201 federal kidnapping charges result in facing severe punishments.
9. The actual penalties - depend on the alleged offender's stringency.
10. Standard punishment is - keeping the accused in false imprisonment.
11. Severe punishment - probable life sentence or death penalty.
Find Read More