Why Did Resign Boris? Metiers directed to PM's collapse!
1. Boris Johnson led the Conservatives three years ago to their most significant election victory since 1987.
2. He was accused of groping two men, leading to a flurry of allegations dating back years.
3. It set off a chain of events that ended with the prime minister's downfall.
4. In April this year, the prime minister was fined for breaking lockdown rules, after attending a gathering on his birthday in June 2020.
5. He also apologized for going to a "bring your own booze" party in the Downing Street garden during the first lockdown.
6. More widely, the Metropolitan Police issued 126 fines to 83 people for breaking lockdown rules in Downing Street and Whitehall.
7. A report by Sue Gray - a senior civil servant - described a series of social events by political staff that broke lockdown rules.
8. Last December, Mr. Johnson told the Commons that "all guidance was followed completely in No 10".
9. A Commons committee is now investigating him over whether he knowingly misled Parliament.